Monday, April 06, 2009

THANK U BRENDA FOR READING JANE'S EULOGY AT HER MEMORIAL SERVICE ON THE CAPE THAT HER BEST FRIEND MARY LOU WROTE!!

Jane had a wonderful sense of humor. Growing up there was always laughter to be found at the Knotts’ household. Watching kittens being born in a bureau draw in the basement, climbing trees, swimming in the pool in Medway all day and night. What fun we had!

Jane was one of those people who when you called her she always found something positive to say. When you asked her for advice she always gave it to you. Whether or not you agreed with her, you knew where she stood.

Jane took such joy in the simple things in life – wild turkeys and deer in the backyard, Amish horse drawn buggies going by the house, going out to dinner with friends, going to Tim’s soccer games. She loved living in God’s country. It agreed with her.

A big transformation in Jane’s life happened when she had Tim. I saw a much more outgoing Jane. Not that she was shy or quiet around people she knew; just that she was not very talkative around people she didn’t know. She once commented that she was sure it because she had Tim and had to come out of her shell. Jane shone for the world to see upon Tim’s arrival.

Jane really loved to work. After she had Tim and he went off to school, Jane longed to return to work. Jane was not a person to sit around at home. It may have been just getting out of the house, being with people and giving her a sense of pride in herself. She once said you can only sit around the house so long. As long as I can work and be home for Tim, then I will do it. And she did. Finally working at the college a few minutes from her home was her favorite job. In the end she didn’t want to give up work because I think work gave her a little break from the cancer. To go and sit and do something other then sit at home and think about cancer was a big break for Jane.

I remember when Jane wanted to get pregnant and had a difficult time. She called me once saying she didn’t think it was the cards. I told to hang there because good things happen to good people. And it did on February 12, 1991 she had the baby she longed for. And what a joy Tim has been to Barry and Jane and everyone who knows him. Kudos to Jane and Barry for doing a great job with their Tim! And kudos to you, Tim, for becoming the fine young man you are!

Jane’s blog was true Jane. Getting the word out to help someone else in the future was her life. She told the good, the bad and the ugly. It was a journey that she shared with a passion and conviction that was truly amazing. I don’t think there are too many people who could go through when she went though and post it for the world to see. Amazing.

I believe resiliency was Jane’s middle name. Jane was one of the most resilient people I have ever known especially when cancer found her. I remember the phone call when she told me she had breast cancer. I never heard the words I’m not going to make it. I heard I’m going to fight this with all my strength. She would bounce back time and time again only finally saying it was over when the cancer had ravished her body. Knowing it was time to say her good-byes she did so with a grace not many people possess.

You can’t talk about Jane without discussing faith. Jane had such a deep faith. She knew she was going to go to see her Awesome God and that someday we all be reunited with her. One of Jane’s Blog posts had the following: Happy Moments, Praise God, Difficult Moments, Seek God, Quiet Moments, Worship God, Painful Moments, Trust God, Every Moment, Thank God.

I thank God every moment of every day for letting Jane McGregor Knotts Kaminske into my life and showing me the way to live life to the fullest. Jane, I love you and you are forever in my heart! Mary Lou

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was just beautiful, Mary Lou. Thank you for sharing the Jane that you have known your entire life with us who only knew her a short while.

Brenda - I hear you did a fine job. Praise God for the peace and strength He gives us in difficult times.

JK