Thursday, January 11, 2007

Angels

You know, God works in mysterious ways. A saying that has been said so many times. This came to my mind. A friend of mine, Tina, is going through chemo for breast cancer. I had not seen her since before Christmas, so I decided to stop in at the store where she works during my lunch today. Gave her a hug and just wanted to tell her I was thinking of her. Never mentioned the words "you look good today" to her since I know how Barry feels when people tell him that. Me, it never bothered but his feelings are present and I understand where he's coming from.

This evening I decided to stop by her house and bring her a Hope charm I had bought for her, along with several of the hats I wore while I was bald and beautiful! They weren't doing any good in my drawer and I figured she might enjoy the bright colors. I pull up to her house and notice many cars in driveway. I realize she has teenagers and that perhaps it was friends playing there. I knock on the door and am greeted by BJ (another friend of mine). She whispers to me "shhhh, the angel ladies are here." Heck, I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. There were other friends there, as they were having a small party/gathering whereas the 2 angel ladies do some kind of spritual readings on you. (for a fee). Tina asked that I stay, which I did for awhile with my coat on. Got my mind to thinking as I was there. I have often said that angels do walk among us. Not only are the 2 ladies who do the readings angels, but all our friends who get together just to socialize/talk with. Perhaps in someway, I was an angel this evening. If I've learned anything these past couple of years, it is to spread Hope and friendship. PS. Without even charging a cent $. :)

No comments: