Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm still here

I know it's been a week since bloggin' but I have no real excuse. Just busy living and working like every one else.

Today was another one of those Rockwell painting moments. Tim got invited to play Monopoly at a classmates house along with a few other friends this afternoon. For some reason this just hit me as one of those days I say "you have to love this town." Teenagers getting together to play a board game. Pretty nice, in my opinion.

I took advantage of this time and had a nap. For the past couple of weeks I've not been my good ole' self. Have weaned myself off of two medicines, one that was used to treat night sweats and the other for anxiety. Both were taken at bedtime. I'm not really liking the side effects, slight as they may be. I'm back to being sweaty and hot, and not having a good night's sleep. Have once again experienced discomfort in my right arm for a couple of days. Feeling very heavy, as if something wrong with a nerve. And my pinky finger and palm ached. Every position I would sleep would not be a good position. I feel that it's time to cut my hair short again just to get it off my head. It was my decision to wean myself off, which I did in a two week process according to my doctor. But since have read that one of these medicines is wicked to get off of. It's almost like the drug companies put something in them to keep you on forever. The doses were even small to start with. Now I ponder, is it worth it? Worth not having a good night's sleep?

I try not to complain as I know Barry's going through something much more difficult than me being restless and achy. Just another way that cancer sucks.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Jane - Thanks for posting on my blog. I've skimmed a lot of yours - it's long, since you've been blogging for a while! - and I certainly see some similar themes to mine.

Life has certainly provided you and your family with lots of challenges. Reading your story is an inspiration. Many blessings and prayers to all of you in this ongoing journey.

Anonymous said...

Jane, I had weakness in my left hand pinky finger and the one next to it, the wring finger. Caused a lot of weakness in my arm. I found out it was wacking the crazy bone in your elbow too many times. The nerve in the crazy bone tends to take a while to react to the injury.Thats why it might take a couple months for the reaction of the pain and numbness to surface.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=393&topcategory=Hand

Crazy Woman