Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not much happening. Thank goodness.

Just a quick note to say hello. Have heard from a couple of friends directly. Wondering how things were on my end. I haven't blogged lately due to no real news. Which is probably good news in itself. Barry's next CT scans are Feb 2, followed by his next chemo treatment on Feb 9th. Geez, where does the time go? All is fine here. Tim's getting over a cold from last week.
He continues to play soccer and has now signed on to be in school musical as a background singer. Told me it's a real bit part, but I'm glad he took the initiative just to be a part of something. The play is in April and does require a lot of practice time. We're looking forward to the spring.

On the news today I read that deaths relating to cancer are on decline, second year in a row. Geez, you could fool me. Seems everyday you hear of cancer. Just yesterday Benny Parsons died. They killed the tumor in his lungs, but also damaged one of his lungs while doing so. It's just another cancer story that hits home. There was a poll question on a website tonight that I saw: do you believe there will be cure for cancer? About 2/3 who voted said no, I am optomistic and was part of the 1/3.

Again, thanks for wondering about us. We're fine, just was taking a breather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.. a little delayed! Just catching up... I am glad all seems to be well.
My daughter is back up in Boston... and back to our routine!
Aileen