Friday, February 02, 2007

Medical appts. today

Barry was out of the house by 6 a.m. today for his appt. in the city. Got there about an hr. early, better early than late. They were able to co-ordinate the 2 types of tests therefore taking less time. Results next Friday at his chemo treatment.

I had my 6 months appt. with my radiation/oncologist this morning. He gives the best exam. Very thorough. Closes his eyes and moves his hands slowly around the breasts. I told him that I had looked forward to this appt. as in the back of my head, the worry is there. Especially since there has been an ache near the incision. He reassured me that surgery can effect the nerves in the area for a couple of years or more. Did not feel anything out of the ordinary except scar tissue. Told him of my recent on and off aches in my right arm. This has been happening since October. He's been the first doctor that has taken the initiative and has scheduled me to see neurologist on Monday. Possibly could be related to ulnar nerve. Whatever it is, it's caused discomfort first of January and just last night.

He confirmed that my mammogram is next month. And my next appt. with him is in 6 months. This will represent 2 years out of treatment. And according to him the recurrence rate drops drastically at this time period. So a reason to celebrate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you during all of these checks/rechecks...it must be difficult waiting, but so comforting when done and all is okay. Think PINK and POSITIVE, Jane. You do it well.
bj

Anonymous said...

Praise God for each new day!!! love ya all.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great new, Jane....take care...gerry