Sunday, February 25, 2007

Yes, I'm still here...

Yes, I'm still here. Just taking a rest from bloggin'. Since my last writing, Tim has got his learner's permit. Growing up too fast. We also bought him a car that used to be my mom's car. Everything is going nicely into place. Barry took him out for his first driving lesson. So far so good. I think he's driven about 4 times. A whole new experience for all of us. In fact, Tim was asked to write an article for our Church youth newsletter. I would like to share it with you as it truly touched my heart. It's called "Driving."

Learning new things can be a scary thing, no matter what it is. After all, we all fear what we don’t know. Personally, I received my driver’s permit the other day and the car has been my major adversary. I’ve wanted to drive all of my life, but when I got behind that steering wheel for the first time, I choked up. But then I started to think. I tried to think of something to calm me down, and then I thought of God. It made me realize that He would help me do this, as He has done throughout my life. In the end, hasn’t He always been there when we were scared and needed direction? I then found that if I let Him do the driving, it made it all easy. Life can be the same way if you put your trust in God to lead you the right way, even if you stumble to follow. Either way, I can drive well enough, but only thanks to my great teacher.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I told him it was similar to Carrie Underwood's song "Jesus take the wheel."


This morning we woke up to our first black ice storm. I went out to get the paper and came upon our vehicles in a sheet of ice. The walkway and driveway was the same. I proceded to back out of the driveway, only to slowly slide crossway down it. I had no control over it. As I came to a stop, I called Barry inside the house. He came out and told me to put it in 4 wheel drive. I eventually drove it back into the garage. Getting the paper was not that important! Of course, he did call me a couple of names like "retard" and "whuss" (not sure of spelling). But that's Barry! I did tell Tim my story only to make him aware of this type of element. A scary thing.

Barry has returned to work. He's doing pretty good. Has his aches but never complains. Trouble sleeping at night, so therefore may take a nap during the day. Takes each day as it comes.

I would like to wish good health to a few of my friends, a couple who are going through the "C" crap. Not a fun thing to do, but something you just have to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have missed you and news....Tim's letter is wonderful.
bj

Anonymous said...

Tim: Awesome essay!
Jane: Know what you mean about the black ice, we have had a lot this year along the shoreline.
Barry: Good to know that you are truly a Kaminske man with the words..heh..heh....

Love Ya's - Cousin Deb xo