Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Marching band show

This evening I was able to chaperone Tim's band to a local marching band presentation. It consisted of about 7 local bands. The bus left the school at 5:30 p.m. and we got home at about 10:15 p.m. A long but enjoyable evening. I must say, and it's not because I'm biased, that our band was one of the best. The kids practice many hours during the summer with the guidance of their music teacher. And it does show. It was one of the first outings I have chaperoned this year. Afterwards, I helped put away all the band members uniforms and hats. Lots of them!

It's now 11 p.m. and Tim is still on his first subject of homework. Of all nights, he has a lot to do. And now just getting to it. A busy day for him, since he had soccer practice right after school and then off to the band outing.

No comments: