Sunday, September 03, 2006

Our first pig roast

Today we went to our first pig roast. It was our friend's 40th birthday party, plus a celebration of her getting a masters degree. There was so much food there. I didn't think I would actually eat the pork but I did, and I enjoyed it. Delicious. They cooked two pics, each weighed about 45 lbs. Considering all the rain we've had recently, it was a nice day. They had postponed it from yesterday due to the bad weather. It was great being with so many friends, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Today was just another reason why I love this country. Previously we never had been sociable, but here there is just something special. I can't explain it.

Friends are special...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Now, with all that meat available, I dont know why I didnt get an invite. Been a long time,maybe 25 30 years since the last one I attended. Yah, I can still remember those days.
Glad u had good weather, dont know when we have seen the sun last. And to think Labor Day is here and the IN SEASON dwindling fast

Anonymous said...

NOw now, with all that meat, dont understand why I didnt get an invite. Long long time since the last one I attended, maybe 25 years ago. Yes, I can still remember those days.
Nice u got the roast in, we havent seen the sun here in so long, cant remember when. And to think Labor Day is here, and the IN SEASON is going fast