Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New job

Today the manager of my new department met with me, the other new girl and the woman who is teaching us the job. Wanted to know how we stood with the training process. I gave my honest opinion that the process takes a long time and involves many steps just to verify a currency transaction report. Even though I did these CTRs a couple of years ago, the process had changed dramatically by a new software program. And quite honestly, it takes me awhile to do this job. The other new girl (about 1/2 my age) seems to have a better grasp on picking it up. I'm one that learns best my having some kind of procedure to follow, and this job does not have such a luxury. It's hard to explain the process, so I won't even try. Will just say this, you have to research what is on our computer system and match it with the CTR. The problem is finding the information. I wonder if perhaps others are really not verifying the information, and just assuming it is there. Heck, it's only been a couple of weeks. But it seems that the manager is expecting me to learn this quickly. Wants the trainee to be able to go on and do other jobs, but still be able to answer questions. I consider myself a smart person, and am trying not to doubt myself. I've been told in the past that I don't give myself credit, and I'm just going to keep those words in my head. Do what I can, and do a good job. Hopefully the speed will come in due time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
So hard sometimes to convey/communicate what we know....and esp. you are just getting to know boss...you are SMART and will catch on in no time I am sure, but always the learning CURVE for everyone. In 3 mos. OLD HAT ....:) bj

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way you are, slow at first but I learn it, I learn it. Hang in there! Mary Lou