Friday, October 06, 2006

Barry's 5th Chemo is complete!

I am bloggin' from the Family House, a place where families of patients can stay. My second time staying here. I've just left the hospital, since being there at 6 a.m. Barry got to his room at 2:30 p.m. after a morning of waiting and CT scans. The good news is that there has been no change in the tumors. A blessing. One could wish for shrinkage, but after you've been through cancer you are happy to hear no change.

Barry basically slept all afternoon. Has not eaten anything. Did have the pain like he did 2 cycles ago, but was able to sleep in between. Has been getting pain meds every 3 hrs.

I'll head back to hospital in a.m. Can't wait for my jammies. Am using a computer in a small room, but at least I'm online.

Night. Thanks for all your prayers. PS> My sister wrote me. One year ago was my last radiation treatment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you....you're in my prayers....take care...gerry

Anonymous said...

Mr.Bossman,
Glad to hear there is no change in the tumors. Your one tough cookie or is that brownies or wings or pizza or subs or bagels?... :)
No matter which...glad to hear the news. ;)

Anonymous said...

Praise God for no change! :-)

Love, Jody

Anonymous said...

Thanks to God! bj