Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nothing wrong

I've noticed that my right breast has been sore lately, especially since I sleep on that side. Been restless before falling asleep. So yesterday I made an appt. with oncologist for next week. Last night during the evening, my right arm became very heavy feeling, as if asleep with tingling in the fingers. Realizing that I had lymph nodes removed and of course breast cancer, I made another call to cancer center and was seen this morning. Not by my usual doctor though.

Didn't feel that great about this dr. He did notice that the breast was a bit puffy, larger in size than the other. Did quick touch of it and sort of just wrote it off as nothing. I did ask him for more thorough exam on table which he did quickly. Says it is scar tissue, not consistent feeling with anything else. Didn't even check the whole breast. As for my arm, he made an appt. for me at the hospital, which I went directly to for a ultrasound of the veins (neck to hand). This ruled out blood clot. Negative, everything was fine.

My arm from elbow to fingers, especially pinky, still feel so heavy and weird. The cancer center told me that my regular doctor will call me tomorrow. Not sure what is up, just know that this pain in my breast and arms is new. I am not taking anything for it, don't want to mask it. Probably is nothing but with already having cancer, I am not gambling. Just know that I'm not imagining it.

As for Barry, today he was in the most pain he has ever been in for some reason. Pain is in his side area. And he is so tough, will not take prescription pain killer. Just takes alleve. But for him to complain, I know it must hurt. And we wonder what is causing this discomfort since the tumors seem to remain the same size.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane and Barry.....praying for you both.....take care.....gerry

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane ... if that is the breast you had the lumpectomy on, it sounds to me like you are experiencing a touch of lymphedema.

Tell Barry I will pray for his pain to subside. He is an inspiration!

Love, J