Saturday, April 28, 2007

Barry's home

I got to the hospital by 8 a.m., in time to see Barry's doctor make his rounds. As usual, Barry didn't get discharged until about 11:30 a.m. A very long wait. Got his shot of morphine for the trip home. By morning the pain level was at a 4 thank goodness. Not a good treatment as pain goes. But at least it's history now.

He went right into his bed when we got home. I took phone off the hook and also went to take rest. Woke up with sore throat which I'm trying to fight off.

Tim had been at a school event all day, and he got home at 5 p.m. I went out to get pizza for dinner, no energy to cook. Tasted good.

Barry's back to bed, I'm off to take bath, and hopefully back to bed myself. Can't speak for Barry, but these treatment days take a toll on you. Mentally and physically. Can't wait to get jammies on.

Bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are both home...bj

Eileen said...

Jammies are the best..........Have a good rest and hope Barry can get some too

Anonymous said...

welcome home. hope tomorrow is much better for barry. we love you guys.