Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm still here.....

Barry's boss mesntioned to him today that I had been quiet lately on my blog. I have to agree with him. I'm still here, just not bloggin'. There are just times that basically my life is pretty uneventful, and therefore I feel I have nothing interesting to write. And I guess that can be taken as a good thing.

On this Saturday, May 12 it will be my 2 year anniversary for having my first chemo treatment. Funny how things like that are important to you, things to mark down on a calendar. That was also the same day I heard that Barry had cancer. You know, you can never go back.. just forward. Never the same.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a lump in what the dr. calls my rib area. The area where my cross on my necklace lays. Quite obvious to the touch, and just to look at me. Went to the doctor, he sent me for rib x ray and they came back normal. He put me on celebrex for a couple of weeks thinking inflammation. Well, as of now it's still there. I went back to see dr. yesterday and am scheduled for a chest CT scan tomorrow after work. I've also come down with upper respiratory infection, AKA common cold. The dr. gave me a nasal spray to use once a day. No relief yet. Started with sore throat the day after Barry's chemo treatment in Pittsburgh. Then it became the nasal drip causing annoying cough. And it wasn't my intention but Barry now has it. Was up practically all last night with the cough. And today he said his insides ache so much from the strain of coughing. We make a good pair.
I feel so bad for him, with his recent treatment his immune system is not the best.
This too shall pass.

This Friday is going to be a very good day. Tim is going to his first prom with his girl friend. Got his tuxedo tonight. Can't wait to see all his friends dressed up. I'm looking forward to that day. Kids grow too fast.

We've been having some yard work done. After sewers were installed last year, our yard was so destroyed. So we've started the rebuilding process. All stumps on our property were grinded down today and hopefully within a week or so a landscaper will be here to power rake the yard, bring in some new soil and plant a new better lawn.
Now Tim won't have to weed whack so much, I can just go crazy with the mower. Should look better than before once it's done.

Again, I'm here and I do appreciate everyone's concern. PS Hope to post some pix soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you posted...I am still reading...
Prom for Tim! Something to look forward to! I hope you both feel better very soon.
bj