Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cancer touches another family

While on vacation I learned from Jody, that a man she knows was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which has spread to liver and lymph nodes. She had asked that I contact this man's wife to help her out. In fact Jody gave her my blog address. Chemoembolization had been mentioned to him, but recently a doctor said to wait a few months and do some kind of hormone shots right now. I have corresponded via emails with her and look forward to talking with her on the phone. She has her hands full, a mother of teenage triplets. As Jody was to me, I will try to be to Barb. Someone she can vent to. I have told her that good things can come out of bad situations, like friendships! Also told her that second/third opinions are quite OK. Be your best advocate. I wish her and especially her husband the best. Keep the faith.

Today I had an interview for another department within the bank. I left the interview knowing that I gave it my best shot. Am praying to get the job, as I've not been happy where I am. Don't want to get burnt out. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Will know within a week I believe.

I did take lots of pics on vacation. But have to take the time to organize them. Soon I will post some online.

No comments: