Thursday, July 27, 2006

YEAH... NEW JOB FOR ME!!!!

Got word this a.m. from Human Resources that I got the job in the other dept! After almost 3 1/2 years I'm moving on. Can't believe it. More to follow....

I start new job on Aug. 17th, my last day at present job will be the 14th. Barry's next chemo is the 15th/16th, and the new department is very accomodating for me.

The job is a lateral move but as you know, money is not everything. I've been unhappy way too long in the job that I've been doing. When I came home from work today, Tim greeted me with a big round the shoulder hug and a smile. Ask anyone, he knows. Life is too short not to be happy. And I need to be in a more positive environment. Now I will be able to focus on one specific department rather than a whole bank's department.

If you get the chance to talk with me directly, understand that I'm not on speeed when I talk: just truly excited! And I'm going to be working for my friend who also left my present department for bigger and better things. Can't wait until Aug. 17th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

K and I are so glad that you are moving on. It sure is about time, long overdue. We believe you have said that u already know friends who have already relocated there.
Congratulations ! ! ! ! !

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Jane!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jane....good for you. Good luck in your new position. Take care, Gerry.....

Anonymous said...

Great News, Jane.
So glad to hear some GOOD NEWS! You have been sooo patient. So happy for you.
bj