Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lunch at the beach

Since arriving on the Cape, have not had luxury of internet access at our new campsite. Right now I'm online at my dad's house. As they say, having a good time. Tim and I have played scrabble and yahtzee in the evening, rented DVD last night. Yesterday Tim and I rode bikes on the Cape Cod Canal, a 7 mile bike path. Very nice ride. (even though the wind was against us on the ride back). We've been enjoying the seafood, having it whenever possible.

Today we went to see my brother who is camping near Provincetown in his RV. In preparation for a sunny day at the beach, we took bathing suits and suntan lotion. Unfortunately, it rained most of the time we were there. You can never plan the weather. Once again, Doug went all out on cooking us a nice meal. Spaghetti and meatballs, hamburgs and hotdogs served under the awning of the RV.

And we got to experience traffic on the way back from the beach. And we have still some miles to go before we actually get back to our campsite. Have heard on the radio that there is the usual traffic backup. Not looking forward to that. I certainly don't miss traffic. Love my country living!

No comments: