Friday, August 11, 2006

I made the news...

I was quite pleased to see that a photo I had sent to the local newspaper was published today! First one ever for me. I had emailed it to the newspaper earlier this week. It was a photo of the back of an Amish boy looking down the street at our local town festival last weekend. Notice that it was the back of his head. The Amish do not like to be photographed, and this was tastefully done. Honestly, I didn't even look through the lense when the picture was taken. I took the picture just by holding the camera in front of my waist and pushing the button, just hoping to get a good picture. It worked.

I have just one day left to work at my present job. Today was one of those days with no lunch break, hectic to say the least. My only comfort is I only have 8 hrs. left to work in that department. Today was supposed to be a party for me after work, but that had to be postponed until another day.

Next week Tim starts 2 weeks of soccer camp. He's also going to play golf for the school team. He's been asked by the golf coach to play and is looking forward to it. Has had clubs for a few years and has shown interest in playing. He's quite excited to have the opportunity to play another sport. Normally I would not allow him to play two sports at the same time, but since there is a shortage of players for golf this has been approved by our athletic department. I think he'll do fine. A chance for him to learn. And heck, most corporate deals are made on golf courses! A good sport to know.

No comments: