Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Trying to stay cool

Today I was told that they are having a going away party for me next week at my job. A bunch of us are going out after work to a Mexican restaurant. Am really looking forward to that. It was a choice between a food day at work or restaurant after work.
And since you can't really enjoy yourself at work with the phones ringing I chose the restaurant. Should be lots of fun.

Am so tired of the heat. Every day it's in the 90s with humidity. I guess next February I'll be wishing I had some of this heat.

I have gone two days this week to spinning. Today I felt a bit out of place though at this class. I think I was the oldest one there, others looked like they didn't need to exercise at all. Very young and in their workout attire. And the music that was played was not the type I would ever listen to. I don't think I'll go back to this day's class again. Too loud and I just had trouble keeping up with them.

Have been eating out a lot this week. Tomorrow I've been invited for a girl's night out at local restaurant. Unless something changes, I'll be there.

PS. Had my first follow-up visit with my radiation oncologist today. Everything looks great. Only thing he said I should do is to have colonoscopy. Had that on my "to do" list this year but... He gave me the name of a doctor who uses the pill camera for this exam. You swallow what is a small video camera (size of jelly bean) and it takes many many pictures in an 8 hr. period. You wear something around your waist that records the insides of your body as it makes it way through the dark tunnels. Will look into that. Just hard to think of making an appt. since I'm starting a new job shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah

I think

ITS CALLED THE AGING PROCESS

(we all go thru it)