Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm still here....

Sorry for not bloggin'. Gave myself a late summer vacation from bloggin'. So here's a quick update on our lives.

The past two weeks Tim had soccer camp which took up a lot of time. It was held in the morning and afternoon for over 3 hrs. each time. It is now over, thank googness. I missed having him at dinner time, not that our dinner is anything fancy. But he is good company.

School starts on Tuesday. I am wondering where the summer went, like a lot of other people I'm sure. It seems between band and soccer camp, the time went too quickly. From what I remember in my childhood, summer was a time away from school. A time just to enjoy being off. Times do change. Tim's band practices actually started the week he got out of school, and still continue at least once a week.

Today Tim had another soccer scrimmage. Didn't win but at least it was time spent practicing for the real season. He has made the varsity team, quite pleased at that.
It was a hot day, Barry didn't come. He sweats even in air conditioning, so didn't need to be outside. He has been sleeping better at night though.

After the soccer scrimmage, Tim went swimming at a friend's house. Can you believe that it was his first time in a swimsuit this summer! Never went to town pool at all. And considering how hot it was today, it was a perfect day for the pool.

Tonight he is at a party to celebrate the end of soccer camp. Certainly is ending the summer with a busy schedule. Oh yes, one more party tomorrow night for another friend in his class who is turning 16.

While he partied tonight, I cut the lawn.

My new job is great. I really like it and the people in the department. I only wish I had made the change sooner. I'm being kept busy, but without the constant ringing of a helpline telephone. Able to concentrate on deskwork. A friend of mine in the dept. will be moving to Texas, and we are having a party after work for her on Friday. I'm going to miss her but know she will do great.

Well, time to pick Tim up from party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND -
No comment on Barry ?
I "think" he had a damn busy week too ?
lol

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Glad to read the catch up blog...nice to take a break. Sweet 16 party tonight...do you believe our boys will be there soon? They are good company...esp. when our families consist of 3! Well, so happy to hear of your job being BETTER...those phone ringing when you are trying to accomplish work on your desk can be so distracting!
talk soon.
bj