Monday, May 29, 2006

Back to work

This weekend was so beautiful. Temps today got up to 90 degrees. Am thankful for air conditioning. Tim and I did a lot of yard work this weekend. Tim did weed whacked our neighbor's yard and then did our yard. And I know that is a lot of work since I tried it once. It had always looked easy. Barry put up some brackets on the deck so that I could hang flower trays. Looks very nice. Yesterday he also put together the smoker we gave him for Christmas. I think he would have liked it better had it come already put together! It was a weekend for cooking on the grill.

This morning I worked for about 5 hrs. at the bank. Everytime our bank buys another bank the conversion takes place on holidays. Lucky us! It makes it impossible to enjoy a long weekend. But I still have a dream, and that dream is to work at the local college. Have had that dream since moving here. And I'm not going to give up.

My father has asked that I write about Barry since I haven't written about him for awhile. It's been a nice weekend for us. The three of us have spent the whole weekend together. I think Tim was a bit upset having to do the yard, but I've explained to him that things have changed. What Barry used to do, can now be done by him. And in the end, it all worked out. We are so looking forward to going to the Cape in July. It's something I think we need especially with the things happening in our lives. Can't wait to see family. Today at work people talked about BBQ's and family get togethers, our time will be in July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barry was putting the smoker together worse than assembling Tims toys during those younger years?? You had six months for the smoker, but only 6 hrs for the kids stuff lol