Saturday, May 20, 2006

Relay for Life

Barry arrived home late last night. I don't know how one can drive for so many hours without a break, but he did. It was important for him to wake up in his own home for the only true day he will have off before going back to work. Was able to get some rest in today.

Tim refereed a soccer game in the morning. And after lunch he went to a recital practice which is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. His first recital with about 20 students. Looking forward to it.

I went to the Relay for Life walk in the afternoon. I was able to walk once again with Jody who is my number 1 bosom buddy. Our friends from last year were also there, along with Michele. It was great seeing everyone again. As I walked around the track for the survivor's lap, I did not shed tears this year. Perhaps it was due to so many tears that were already shed this week. I don't know why. I also got to thinking how much stronger I am now than I was a year ago. Sure I have weaknesses, but my strength is more powerful. I am so blessed to have such good friends to walk with me, at the Relays and during the other days.

Thanks.

No comments: