Saturday, July 21, 2007

Yeah. Tim's home

Tim got home from his mission trip a little past 11 p.m. last night. And like Barry had guessed, his phone call to us was just as he was getting into town. Friday was considered their fun day which they chose to spend at Six Flags Amusement Park. And can you imagine that the park was not the highlight of the trip! He certainly did enjoy the mission trip. Had a chance to make new friendships, and the kids exchanged phone numbers and email addresses.

One of the things he liked the most (believe it or not) was the church services that they went to daily. The priest spoke at their level, and they were able to understand the sermons. And each night they listened to a band and sang along. Words of the song were shown for all to sing along to. He even bought the CD of the group, he knew I would also enjoy the music.

This a.m. I went and picked up the new Harry Potter book for him. He's set to read that this week.

Had our first Amish corn of the season for dinner. And it was nice and tasty.

I was still up at 3 a.m. last night. Effects of the chemo drugs I guess. Steroids.
Even after taking tylenol p.m. But as I told Tim today, I've been very lucky with the chemo treatments. No nausea. Hard to believe that yesterday I was given 3 strong drugs and today was like any other day. Am very thankful.

No comments: