Saturday, December 15, 2007

Explaining pix

The bottom photo shows armpit area and the incision continues and is seen in the top photo. The middle photo shows my chest. Notice the difference in skin, so pale and without freckles. I continue to bandage the area where there is slight opening. This area is the spot that continues to cause me discomfort. The 12 hr release medication usually gives up at up 7 hrs. into it, so this is when I take what is called a break through pain med to hold me until the next 12 hr. release. Every day there is improvement. All I need to do is to look back and see how far I've come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

You've come a long way, baby! Your incisions look wonderful!!

I am so glad to hear that you feel better each day. I know it can be emotionally frustrating to not be "healing" as fast as you wish. Looking back - as you are doing - really helps.

Now look ahead to a goal date and when you reach that date you can look back to today and really see how far you've come. Plan something special to do on that goal date to give yourself a treat. (A weekend away, if only in a hotel, was something I did once.)

You continue to inspire everyone around you with your strength and perseverance. I hope Barry is doing well.

Love, JK