Saturday, December 01, 2007

nothing new to report

I'll be so happy when I write that the pain has gone away. Had not expected this at all. The area under my arm/armpit area continues to heal but very slowly. Raw skin attempting to close up from inside of body to outside. Talk about raw skin, outch. I have been blessed to have Patti help me change and make sure it's healing at an ok speed. Helps to have a set of eyes that know something medical. She did say it could be a long process just to have that skin seal up. Another area of continuous pain is shoulder blade area. Don't forget they broke my collar bone for surgery.

Barry's been so good taking care of me. Have been down in dumps a couple of times, thinking I should be better than I am. He reminds me of things that were broken in my chest area just to get rid of cancer.

As I've said before, my door is open for company. And if you know me, I will be honest if/when I get tired and need to rest. If and when I nap, I have cordless phone right beside me. Easier to pick up that way.

Well, off to bed. Night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, So good to hear from you. I have been checking your blog several times a day.

Hey Everyone....a little birdie told me that Jane needs company and needs to get out of the house and occupy her days. So I think it is time now for all of us to see her and take her on a few road trips. Even if it is just to our houses for ice cream!!! Just to give her a change in the scenery!! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane........Seems like we are both in the same healing stage. My incision has to heal the same way. I still have visiting nurse every day to change the dressing. I have great nurses. It is such a slow process tho, as you know. Hope you heal fast. Just staying home all the time is getting to me now. I can't go anywhere because of open wound with infection. Glad it is winter and not summer cuz I wouldn't even be able to go camping. Have a good week.....Love you all....Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!
I have been checking your blog as well. Glad you are ready for a few road trips! May have to get a sleigh for the ride. ;)
Thanks a million,Lisa, for posting this!
bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Gang: Hope you three are getting ready for the holidays! Things here are crazy also. Uncle Howard had hernia operation on Monday, doing fair, but also in pain. We Kaminske's need a healtier year in 2008 that's for sure. Bary hope you are doing better I think about you and Jane all the time. Prayers to everyone!
Love You Guys.....Uncle Howard, Auntie Betty, Debbie & Howie

Anonymous said...

Hi

Have been praying for you from the beginning when Nancy M told me about you. Nancy worked with you at the county offices in medford. I have been friends with her for the past 25 years. I am also a SURVIVOR. Hang in there. My favorite saying was "this too shall pass"

Linda