Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update

I did go see primary dr. this a.m. as planned. Past month or so, I would sleep so good at night with ativan and antidepressant; wake up to get Tim off to school; and then go directly back to bed. But I wouldn't wake up until noon or sometimes 1 p.m. I'm smart enough to know this is not right, but also the brain would say other things. Each pain med I would take I would hate to take, but the pain still there. ALong with an occassional panic attack which I had never had in my life. Would come about if I got sad. Knew I had to do something. Anxiety/depression, 2 terrible things. Plus unlike what I had expected, company didn't show up to chat as often had been expected. Busy time of year, but perhaps people don't want to disturb me. But being a person that is a people person, this is not beneficial to the healing. But in talking with dr. Barry did tell him I had stopped breathing exercises, bad bad bad. Not changing pain med dosage right now. When there is still pain, not for me to worry about addiction. Lower ativan dosage at bed time (that you can get more addited to than pain med) and increase my antidepressant at bedtime. As for my aches and pains, remember what was done in the operating room. Remember how far you've traveled.

Barry's been wonderful through all this. He's Mr. Clean around here.

Tim slowly is picking up his slack with laundry details. And emptying dish washer when needed.

And am so thankful for friends who have been making meals for us during the week. A true lifsaver. don't know what I would have done with out that. My weight is down to 125 down.

Incisions are healing, just not as fast as I would want them to.



I have gone out for desserts a couple of times with friends, but I think that needs to be even more. Change of scenery, plus conversations.



Right after coming home from dr. office I had a couple of phone calls. Was invited to go out to lunch with a person at the college. SHe mush have had ESP. Another girl called and we'll plan something next week, after her sore throat goes away.



So my challenge is this. Look forward. COntinue with adjusted med dosages (and yes, they may need to be tweeked). And to stay away more during the day. Take what a nap should be, a smaller version timewise!



And like I've said before, just call me to get me out of the house. As my sister has told me, this blog is also my therapy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u go girl!!!!! love, moe & do some safe outside walking too- that fresh air will awaken your lungs!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. Like you said just remember how far you have come. Wish I could take you out for lunch too. Take care your friend Bonnie