Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I just don't feel good

I went to work Monday for first time since being sick with shingles for the week. Think that was a bit too soon. Ended up going right to bed when I got home from work. Later that evening I felt a bit nauseous. When I woke up Tuesday I could feel that this was not a day to work, no energy at all. I would go under the covers and have slight chills. No fever though. I stayed in bed almost all day. Was up just to watch American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

This a.m. I did go to work. But as I was leaving for lunch, I barely made it to the car before I threw up a bit. Got home and immediately just called work to say I'd be staying home. Again, stayed in bed most of the day. Just can't pinpoint exactly what's wrong. I do know that last week the dr. had me taking the pain meds just to get through the pain of the shingles.

One thing that's been wrong with me since I began radiation a couple of weeks ago is my right rear shoulder. Hurts all the time when I attempt to lay on my back. Never had hurt that spot before. And it hurts even when I'm not in bed as much as these past few days. Do think I'm going to contact the surgeon in Pittsburgh for his opinion on this, along with the ongoing pain of my chest plate. Not comfortable at all, these 2 issues.

I think also I have a lot on my plate lately. 2 1/2 weeks of radiation, working fulltime while going through that and then coming down with shingles. And perhaps thinking I could bounce back from having shingles by just being out for 5 days. Don't know, but I'm tired of not feeling my usual self-whatever that was.

Had rescheduled PET/CT scan for this Friday but am going to cancel it. Don't think I would be able to consume all that contrast with the past few days of yucky stomach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u need to rest ! adios moe

Anonymous said...

I agree I think you really need some rest. Don't underestimate how tough the shingles can be on your body. Five days just isn't enough to bounce back. I hope you are able to rest over the holiday and feel better. Tim had a nice soccer game tonight. Wish you and Barry could have been there. Rest up.
love ya
becky