Saturday, March 29, 2008

Looks like it will be chemotime again

After getting to the hospital at 2:3o ish (left work at 1 p.m.), I had a chest x-ray which is a nothing procedure that lasts just a couple of minutes. Then I headed up to see my surgeon Dr. C. Got there at about 3:20 p.m. Didn't see him until 6:30 p.m.!! How's that for a long wait. And then the consultation only lasted say about 15 mins. I was his last patient. After working 5 hrs. and going through the long afternoon at hospital, I was mentally exhausted. I have to apologize to my sister for cutting her short when she called me on my way home. Since I was gone for such a long time, my medication schedule was off and I was also feeling discomfort.

Looks like it will be chemotime for me again. I was sent to Dr. C. to see if he was going to be on same page as my oncologist. The page being just do the chemo, don't worry about biopsy of lungs. There's always a risk when dealing with lungs, and considering that the breast cancer has invaded elsewhere recently it's pretty much has invaded the lungs. And I agreed with him.

He'll update Dr. B. at Magee, and then I'll have concur with Dr. S who is my local intown oncologist. Lots of doctors involved, just because I go for second opinions now. My life is too important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow ... that wait to see the doctor is inexcusable. I don't understand how they can't pick up the phone and call patients to inform them they are running late so to arrive later ..... he should have at least spent more than 15 minutes with you (no matter HOW good he is!)

I'm glad you decided to forgo the biopsy and start the chemo. It sucks, but I thank God that it is available for you.

Love, JK