Sunday, March 02, 2008

A nice pre-birthday weekend...

Last night we went out to dinner with some friends, all arranged by Becky. I call her a natural event organizer. This was all arranged in less than a day. She knew my birthday was tomorrow so she just made some calls and voila, a party was created. We went out for Mexican food. The staff was told it was my birthday so I was presented fried ice cream and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. I also got to wear a huge colorful sombrero. My picture was taken by many cellphones, just have to figure out how to get a picture on my blog. It was a great evening.

This a.m. Tim and I once again went to church with Lisa and her family. Even though I served last night at our Catholic church I felt something inside to go again to their Baptist church. For now, as my life is, I've been getting something out of this church. Uplifting music, friendship and an understanding of "the message" as it is called. We often leave our church not "getting" what the homily is all about. We were used to such a more contemporary church when we lived on Long Island, a church that would often sing songs like "Awesome God." But here the congregation is different. No clapping of hands or songs that are contemporary. As I've said, I need that. So far now, I'm keeping an open mind. I think the most important thing is to Believe in God, no matter what. Who knows, perhaps I'll also check out the local Presbyterian church. Time will tell.

Tim and I went to the movies this afternoon. Heck I don't know the last time we did that. Large popcorn and large Pepsi. We saw Vantage Point. It was a pretty good movie. Was nice just to spend the time with Tim. That doesn't happen enough. He's usually going to the movies with a buddy, not with his mom. Was a nice present for me (even if I did pay the way!)

So tomorrow is my actual birthday. Yes I'll be 52 years young. Ever since being diagnosed with original cancer 3 years ago, I really do enjoy birthdays even more than I did previously. Never shy in telling people it's my special day!

Thanks to all for making this an even more special birthday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you......Hope you have a wonderful day. You can save the pictures from a phone by having them send them to your email and just save it. That is what I do and it's easy. Love you....Eileen

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!!!

Enjoy your special day, because you deserve to! You are loved by so many. I thank the Lord for you today!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jane! Glad to hear so many are making it a special day. Soak in the love sent by us all! Ann
PS: Love those pictures!

Anonymous said...

ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY AS U SHOULD!! adios moe and i love the new hairdo!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jane.....gerry

Anonymous said...

No computer still at home - a quick note from work (not supposed to do) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You look marvelous! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE...
YOUR PICTURES ARE SO NICE.

DON AND BONN

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Happy Happy day for you!
God Bless you and keep you, my friend. bj