Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Results are in...Schedule lung biopsy next

I woke up this a.m. and eventually threw up. But assuming that my co-worker would also not be in today, I figured I needed to get to work anyway. My shoulder/collar bone area was in the worse pain of all today, as I drove to work. Was especially hard just to put the car into drive and then park. But I knew as soon as I got there, going was a mistake. My boss asked how I was doing and all the tears that were building up came out. I immediately shut down computer and went home. Then I called my doctor's office to set up appointment. I was only able to see the doctor in training, but that was fine as I needed someone to check me out.

Have been put on muscle relaxant, in addition to taking the pain meds I've been taking. My back was so tense and the area in question was so sore. Have also been scheduled to take some physical therapy, as the worst thing would be that the muscles/arms would stop being used 'cause of pain. Important that this not happen.
As for the nausea, caused by the severe pain. Continue to take nausea pills.

Went right to drug store to fill the script, and then right home to get into pj's.
I heard from the Director at Magee hospital in the afternoon about 2 ish. He was calling with the results of the PET/CT scans. There is a lymph node that is showing up probably as cancer, but his concern right now is to biopsy an area on my lung that has an area that measures about the size of a fingernail. Not the news I wanted to hear, since previously they were too small to even measure. So he is contacting my previous surgeon to have this biopsy scheduled. I'm not sure why a biopsy is needed considering my past cancer history, but have to understand that you can't really get any higher an opinion that this doctor in question.

So that's it for now. The relaxant pill seems to be helping. I'm just at the awkward stage of not wanting to move the shoulder too much, afraid that the pain is still there. And considering that it's been 8 hrs. since I took the first pill, it's now time for another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about you all night and wanted to call back but didn't know if you were resting. I was hoping you were feeling up to watching your favorite...dancing with the stars. I am just a phone call away.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I love you and am praying for you.

JK