Monday, March 03, 2008

More than a Happy Birthday for me.

You know, you just can't beat this birthday. It's not just one day, it's many days.
I love birthdays, which to many would seem not the case.

After I had my radiation treatment today, as I was leaving the room where it's done, the whole staff greeted me by singing Happy Birthday. And I do mean the whole staff.
Talk about kindness and caring, this is what life should be all about.

When I got back to work, I cooked up hot dogs for the office. My birthday treat for my friends who are my co-workers. Usually people bake for their birthday, but since I'm not a baker I thought of this. I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

This morning my friend Lisa emailed me about taking me out for my birthday dinner after work today. We ended up meeting her husband at the Country Club where they are members. This was truly an experience that will also live on in my memory. The decor was gorgeous and the food was delicious. A real treat and a wonderful way to end my birthday.

I'm truly blessed! There is no better place to be than right here, right now.

Thanks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserved a great day Jane!! Sorry we didn't get to do our banana split. You know we will just do it another night and call it your birthday!!! Happy Birthday Jane!!
love ya
becky

Stephanie said...

I had a feeling that I should check your blog today so I did and I guess it was so that I could wish you a Happy Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Jane - sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday - and the weather was AWESOME! Just right for hot dogs - it probably put your friends in the mood for summer. What's better than that? :-)

How nice of Lisa and her family to give you that extra treat! You are probably still on a high from your special day!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Although we didnt' get to sing to you as a group like we did last year at the Chili Cook-off....I will sing to you right now.
*clears throat

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JANE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

AND MANY MORE ON CH. 4 AND SCOOBY DOO ON CH. 2..." HAHA

It was great talking to you today...know that we are thinking and praying for you. God bless!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving what you have written. It is a great day and memorable one,too. Hot dogs sound good right now!
Happy Birthday, Jane~
bj