Saturday, March 08, 2008

Our 28th Anniversary today

The snow storm started yesterday and is basically still going. A cold 20 degrees as I type this. The main storm started at about noon yesterday as I was getting my radiation treatment. And by 2 p.m. we got an email at work saying that the College would be closing at 3:30 p.m. due to inclement weather. That never happens. And as we left to go home, the roads were very bad. Just seemed that the trucks couldn't keep up with the storm. Shortly after I got home and safely into the house, Tim arrived home from school. That was a relief to me. A friend eventually came over to sleep at our house as his home is not in this town, a distance away. His parents told him to find a place to sleep and to stay put. So this is where he stayed. And it worked out great. He became Tim's buddy as they shoveled the driveway and deck.
Barry had gone in to work to cover for someone, but did get home later on in the evening. This was not the night to travel.

By morning, the snow was done but the drizzle came making for some icy conditions. Especially on walkways. Tim and his friend Joey went to the musical practice for most of the day. I headed out carefully to get some much needed groceries. Even the main roads were a mess. I was so glad to get home, where I have been ever since.

I took a nap in the afternoon. I've been experiencing different/newer pains this past week. Having trouble with just taking a deep breath. Plus my left shoulder area is hurting now. I'm so tired of having pain. Not a day goes by that I don't have some kind of pain. Painkillers have never taken the pain totally away. Hey, I truly know how lucky I am to be alive but I can still explain how I'm feeling. If not for me, but for others. I'm looking forward to the CT/PET scans that will be done this coming Tuesday. Once you've had cancer, any ache you have could eventuallly be something else.

Tim also took a nap later in the afternoon after his practice ended at 3:30 p.m. The snow has returned and it is a wintery night. Have heard it will be that way all night. Very windy. I don't think the driveway will be shoveled until the a.m. This time it will just be Tim.

And yes, today is our 28th anniversary. Unfortunately the weather has made us change our plans. We were going to go out for dinner tonight, but considering the weather we chose to delay it a week. Not worth getting into an accident. Tim also chose to stay home rather than go out with his friends.

Well, just starting to do my taxes. Hate this time of year....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.....

DON AND BONN

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys! You have all week to anticipate celebrating next weekend.

I'll be thinking of you Tuesday Jane. I hope the pains you are experiencing are anxiety-related, and nothing more.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you both. I remember the day you got married.....I was in Milford Hospitat after having my hysterectomy and Roger and Tina went. I cried all morning knowing I was missing it. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love to u all......Eileen

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 28 years - you have shared a lot together and I am sure have grown even closer these last two years.
God Bless and much love,
bj

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary barry and jane. sorry you couldn't make it out. well now you have something to look forward to next weekend. plus you have the musical to attend. thinking of you for tuesday. love ya
becky