Sunday, January 22, 2006

Update

Today was a nice relaxing Sunday. Just what a Sunday should be, a day of rest. I cooked sirloin tips on the grill, mashed potato and cooked up some shredded carrots in butter. Mmmm.

I talked a couple of times with Maureen today. It looks like they will not rush in to operate on her now for gall bladder surgery. I'm not clear on all the medical talk. Since she had hernia surgery last May which included some kind of mesh work, to operate on near this area for gall bladder is tricky. Usually needs to heal for about a year before going near it. What brought her to the hospital was constantly vomiting, which finally ended today. She did not have the "attack" like she previously had with the severe pain, so therefore she's been advised to wait. She is hoping to go home within a day or two.

As soon as Barry went to work at 3 p.m. and I got in my jammies for a little nap. The little nap lasted 2 1/2 hours. When I got up I found Tim sleeping on the couch. Good minds think alike.

After I had some dinner tonight, I did two miles on the treadmill. I've been doing 1 mile each evening and on the weekends I do two miles. I know that compared to some people this is not much, but it's 1-2 miles more each day than I had been doing. As of today, I've lost 6 lbs. with 7 lbs. left to go as my goal. Mostly I've stopped drinking soda, drinking water instead. I've also cut back on the sweets. I'm such a lover of sweets, especially chocolate. Have been eating lots of oranges when the urge for chocolate hits me.

No comments: