Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have to congratulate Bonnie as being my first blogger of 2006. Leave it to the Arizonian! Sorry I hadn't posted myself. Shame on me....

Barry and I toasted in the New Year last night, along with Tim. No, Tim did not enjoy any champagne but we did. We stayed up until 1:30 a.m. It was a nice quiet evening, a time for Barry to "bond" with Tim.

Barry was up most of the night with wheezing and cough. It seems that most of his crew have been sick with bronchitis this week. He sounds terrible. Hopefully he will be able to see his oncologist tomorrow for some medication. We've been so good in not getting sick and he doesn't need this right now. This time of year can be so nasty with germs. I will go with him to the doctor since I'm off tomorrow.

Today we took down Christmas tree and put it away for another year. Our welcome lights stay up all year so it almost feels like Christmas still. I love them.
Tim took his first bike ride of the year today. He wanted to try out the new Under Armor leggings that he bought with Maureen's check while on the Cape.

PS. I'm cooking a venison stew in crock pot overnight. Tim's treat! Not sure if I'll actually eat it. Call me silly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
We missed you all at dinner New Years, but so happy you and Tim are home with Barry, too! Glad you were able to enjoy your home and each other ringing in the New Year! The present of the New Year is always your "presence" to each other anyhow! Nothing better than that. Wow, I enjoy your photos. You have a great family. Thank God for families... :)))
Sounds like you and Tim took in ALOT while gone...especially all the delicious dining.
Is the venison done yet?
love,
bj