Saturday, February 11, 2006

Our name on the radio

Barry has always been a fan of a local radio station DJ, Lynn D. Had often told me of her being a local DJ and one who gave away ice cream birthday cakes. This morning he mentioned that I (since he's the shy one) should call the radio station up and see if I could win one for Tim's birthday which is tomorrow. I never expected that she would answer the call. She normally doesn't work on Saturdays and had already given away the cake for today. Barry had told me that she would be someone easy to talk to, a real person. I can now say that he was right. She was so pleasant to talk to, another local person who I felt comfortable talking to. I told her that we had moved here about 4 years ago and of our recent health issues with cancer. Lynn asked for our address and said that she would be mailing us a birthday cake for Tim. What a nice person. She then asked if Barry was home and I put him on the phone with her. We talked with her for about 20 minutes. Lynn also asked for our names and Tim's favorite song which she played after we hung up the phone. Lynn mentioned our names and that it was a dedication for Tim's birthday. Just another nice person to enter our lives.
Thanks, Lynn.

After going out for Mexican food, Tim's gone skating with his friends. A typical Saturday night. He does enjoy skating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM...
from all of us in arizona.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, 15 years old! Who would think. Happy Birthday TIM! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

P.S. Happy Birthday to your grandmother too!