Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Barry

For the past couple of days, Barry's been having pain in his chest/belly/liver area. This treatment was aimed for the first time at the other side of his liver. So we have to think positive, pain is good. Pain means the chemo is doing it's job, killing bad cancer cells. It's not like Barry to complain, and that's how I know he is having discomfort.

Tonight Tim and I went to soccer banquet. I was pleasantly surprised when it was announced that Tim got MVP for JV soccer. Very proud of him. Also got to see a friend who just had her first chemo treatment for breast cancer this a.m. Brought back so many memories for me. She was the caterer for the banquet, and boy does she know how to cook. I'm sure her mind was elsewhere, and I can understand that. But she's a survivor, and I know she'll make it.

Tomorrow is Tim's winter/Christmas concert. Looking forward to that.

And since our football team is going further on into their championship, the band will be traveling away on Friday to play for them. If they win that game, it's off to Hershey, PA! Wishing them luck.

Friday is colonoscopy time for me. Yahoooo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
You looked radiant last night and I mean that sincerely as I have not seen you for a while...Congrats on your son's accomplishment in being chosen MVP. All those boys in that grade that play are such a nice group of kids! It takes a "village" to raise good kids so I take a little credit,too! LOL
See you tonight.
bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!!! Good luck on Friday...and congrats to Tim. Take care. Gerry

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - Congrats to Tim! Good luck to you tomorrow. I can hardly wait until I turn 50! You truly have a great group of friends supporting you in PA. Love, Mary Lou