Saturday, December 30, 2006

A fast week

This week went by too fast. Totally enjoyed having my parents here this week. Worked out great since Barry had some days off from his job, and Tim had no school.
The week consisted of some nice meals, both homecooked and restaurants. Barry did a couple of walks with them and even today we went walking together at the local track.

My mother did good while here. Is dealing with dementia/alzheimers which is a terrible disease. And considering she was in a different environment I think she handled it very well. As is often the case, long term memory is not effected. This at least can be a blessing. She also has a pretty good appetite.

In fact while I was driving them from the airport last Saturday, my dad mentioned that he was looking to sell my mother's car. He had not thought of Tim being a driver in a couple of months. Both Barry and I thought the same thought at the same time: good car for Tim. So we will be buying it from them and getting it in February some time. Barry has already envisioned my driving it to work a lot since it has better gas mileage than my truck. I think it's a perfect fit for our needs.

Again, had a great time with my parents. Have to admit that I shed tears as I left the airport. But have to put them aside and be thankful that they were able to travel here for this special visit. This was the first Christmas in many years that anyone has come to see us. I am so lucky to have had them here. As I told my mom, we are lucky to be mobile.

After I got home, I stopped by the Beckster's home for a quick visit. After finding out that none of us had New Year's Eve plans, she has arranged a get together for a few couples tomorrow night. This is the best way I can see of ringing in the new year. Friends. That's what it's all about.

No comments: