Friday, December 08, 2006

Colon update: no polyps and looks good

In less than one day I lost 7 lbs.! And for once in my life, you can't tell me that I'm full of sh*t. Off to colonoscopy.
Tim has 2 hr. delay due to first real snow accumulation. Roads look yucky to me.

3 p.m. update:

Got to hospital by 8 a.m. and walked out of the hospital at noon. Nothing to the actual procedure. I was totally under anesthesia. Fastest ever going under and waking up. As people will tell you, the worst is the preparation of drinking the salty mixture. At least for me. Barry's one who just gulps it down, me: took me about 15 mins. to drink about 4 ounces total liqued. Barry called me a "whiner!"
Actually I was ready to leave directly after the procedure, but had to drink some soda and just wait it out for discharge. BJ: nothing to it. And the best thing it's good for TEN YEARS! Can't beat that.

There's always a good comment that sticks in my brain to use on my blog. While I was in room waiting, Barry used the bathroom. As he came out he said to me, "I didn't even have to measure it.!" Made us laugh. So many times he is the one in the hospital with his chemo and always has to measure his pee. You see, there's always something to laugh about.

Afterwards, we went out to lunch and treated ourselves to DQ.

Now I'm headed to bed to take a nap.

Tim's off to his football game which is being played away tonight. Only wish temps would have been warmer for the players, band and fans. Keeping fingers crossed that they continue their winning record.

10 p.m.
Our football season has ended. Team lost tonight, and by a big score. Oh well, there's still next year. Marching band is finally done for the year. Can't wait to ask Tim how bad the temps were. P.S. BJ: you can still go shopping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, nice diet! I need to do that one soon,too, so let me know how bad it is.
Headed for Jeanette around 3ish! Send up prayers we will win and go to STATE in Hershey PA...I have my room reserved and am ready to Christmas shop!
bj