Thursday, December 21, 2006

Birthdays...

I want to wish my friend Beckster a Happy Belated Birthday. And I also want to tell everyone that Barry's birthday is TOMORROW... So if you see either of them, please wish them well.
*****************

Tonight Tim and I went to see (or should I say listen to) our school's Christmas Concert. And yes, it is still called a Christmas Concert. We live in a small town and even though we may not be politically correct, the chorus is able to have such a concert. Once again, another reason why I love this town. So many talented kids, good kids. In a world where you hear so many stories of kids that have gone bad, it's such a blessing to see and hear good kids. From singing to playing instruments, we have a lot of good talent. The chorus was made up of 80 High Schoolers and 64 Middle Schoolers. I was drawn to going to it by overhearing a conversation of my friend the Beckster. She was explaining that the chorus is still able to sing Christian type songs in this day and age. And that her son would be doing a solo part in the concert. Put these 2 things together, and how could it not be enjoyable.
Even Tim was swaying with his friends at the back of the auditorium.

A great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I was just commenting last night on how parents without chorus members really miss out on the talent at our school. Thank you so much for coming out even when Tim isn't in the choir. They were just wonderful, weren't they? Also, I think we are the luckiest parents and students. Not too many schools let a Christmas concert go on like that. We are blessed to have our choir director too, who is willing to do this.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barry! Love, Mary Lou