Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update on my health

I had a 6 months follow-up appt. with my oncologist on this past Thursday. Had him do blood work to check my cholestorol. It was once again confirmed that it is high and needs to be addressed. I will be seeing my primary dr. mid Decemeber. He was the one who had checked it a few months ago. Have talked to my sister, she and both of my parents have same problem. My sister has tried a couple of the meds for it, and has had bad reactions with muscle pain. That is one side effect that is mentioned. It doesn't help that I eat junk food and perhaps am a little stressed. But will try to do better if only for Tim.

Also mentioned to my dr. about the discomfort in my right breast which had cancer. Is thinking it's lymphodema related and has contacted a physical therapist to look into treatment for that.

Have also been having problems with my left knee. Unable to extend the leg straight, bad ache. Like under the knee cap. That's another body part I have to have my primary dr. look into through X Ray.

And finally, I'm having my first colonoscopy on Friday, Dec. 8. Not working that day. Will be put totally under anesthesia due to meds I take. Have put this off since I turned 50. But know it's something that needs to be done.

Other than that, I'm in good shape! I can't complain, lots of people in worse shape.
Like I say, you wake up it's a good day.

No comments: