Thursday, March 22, 2007

Changes

Today I was just going to post about tomorrow being my last day at the bank, but today's news put a little change in my thought process. I heard that Elizabeth Edwards is battling cancer once again. She went through breast cancer in 2004 and now has been diagnosed with cancer on a rib and possibly lung. Yes, cancer sucks. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you can be a target for this terrible disease. What gets me the most is the headlines that the media put out there about the news conference: Edwards wife's cancer treatable not curable. Why is there a need to put this spin on her recent diagnosis. I swear the media is just out to get people. It's hard enough to hear the word cancer. Sure, no cure now but was this conference about that? Don't think so.

Well, tomorrow is my last day at the bank. This week has certainly dragged for me. After work today (early day) we went out for drinks and dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I hope my new boss is as kind and compassionate as this boss has been to me. And I think she will be.

I start my new job on Monday. Have already heard from several people at the College looking for lunch dates. Nice going someplace that you know other people. Looking forward to this change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new boss is the greatest! Have a wonderful first day. I was talking to her and she is very excited about you coming on board. She thinks you will fit right in. Good Luck!! Lisa