Friday, March 09, 2007

New job 4 ME

Well, it took me about 4 years of trying but I finally got a job at our local college in town! I start on 3/26/07. Barry used to make fun of me. Everytime I got a reject notice from them, he would say I was gathering wall paper making material. What a mean guy! But as he told Tim, persistence paid off.

The hours are less and I will now be able to see Barry every day. At times now, I only see him on the weekend. Plus it's less than a mile away. Look at all the gas I'm going to save. I'm going to truly be a local person. This past winter I would drive to work in snow storms with white knuckles. Not my cup of tea. Stress that I don't need. And in the summer you can work without taking an away lunch and get out of work early. That'll be nice.

I will certainly miss my friends at the bank but know that I'll make just as many at the college.
Heck, I already know so many now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jane. Persistence does pay off! Good luck at your new job. Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

The Old Saying

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED, TRY TRY AGAIN!!!

The Best to you in these challenging times. YOU will sure be able to meet it, I know you!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jane! I know that you've been wanting a job there for a while. Enjoy!! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jane. Good Luck at your new job.....Y E A ! Take care....gerry