Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mammo results

I knew something was up when the nurse needed to take another picture for mammogram. And then the radiologist came in to talk to me. There are 2 spots in question in the right breast that had cancer. He says probably nothing (easy for him to say), that he would bet his house on it, but.... I need to have a sterotactic biopsy on it to find out for sure. Funny how things work. It was a year ago that I had the same biopsy done on the other breast, followed by lumpectomy to remove what could have been pre-cancerous tissue. I'm trying to do as I say, not let tears cloud my vision but it's kind of hard. To get back to reality I have to think of Barry and what he's going through.

My oncologist received the report immediately, and has scheduled this biopsy for March 13th at 11 a.m. One step at a time.

There are times I think that boobs just are not worth the trouble!

8 p.m. I've left my pity party and feel a lot better. Got my nails done and had some pizza with Tim. Been about 6 weeks without nails on. Love having them done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking bout you....bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane.

Every little "change" they see they have to be cautious because of your history. Focus on the radiologist's words that it is probably NOTHING. You know I'm praying for you.

That said ... I'll add that life without boobs IS much easier!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Nice job by Tim in the youth group newsletter! He is now a published author! praying for the best results! bj

Anonymous said...

I tried to reply to the blog about Tim's piece on driving. It didn't go through. I hope it goes today. You and Barry are on the prayer line.
Tim did a beautiful outlook on driving and life.
Am very distressed about the current mammy situation.
Mom

Stephanie said...

I showed this to my dad and he says that he hopes youre doing okay and to call him if you need anything!

You'll be okay, you kicked cancer's ass once already and can do it again!

Anonymous said...

jane my sister i am praying for you its ok to have tears after what you all have been through.Our prayers are with you from the derosas. lets do nails together next time.