Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's XELODA's turn now

I just took my first dosage of the new chemo pill called XELODA. A total of 3 500 mgs. pills to equal 1500 mg. twice a day. The next dosage is 30 minutes after dinner. My pill box is looking like my parents' medications. Total of 5 different pills twice a day. Thank goodness for the pill box that the company sent me. Will keep me up to date.

Last night when I went to bed at about midnight, I was wide awake since I had taken the decadron steroid. So I quickly went and took a tylenol pm. That worked and I slept till 10 a.m. A much needed and restful sleep.

This afternoon I went to lie down at 3 p.m. and just tossed and turned for 2 hrs. Felt tired but too wide awake from steroid. And my legs were so restless. But that's nothing to what I could have been feeling. All that time I thought of getting a banana split (yes, full price) as a special treat for myself. Tim was my angel and went grocery shopping for me while I was in bed. And after dinner, I took my second dose of chemo pills and we went to get the banana split! Worth every penny even if Tim ate 1/2 of it..

Have already taken tylenol p.m. in preparing for bed. Back to work tomorrow, and it's going to be a very busy week I know. College kids have slowly arrived back to school. But I do realize that I just can take one step at a time. First time in my life that I'm taking chemo daily. That's new for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can't beat a good night's sleep. gotta love tylenlol pm. used it many times myself. hope you have a good day at work tomorrow. tell the timster to enjoy the last day of summer.ugh!! hoping your dad is up and about by now. love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane: Thinking of you all. Terri