Monday, August 27, 2007

Exhausted

The best thing about returning to work today was seeing my co-workers and them being so kind to me. I had emailed most of them about the news of my CT scans. That way I wouldn't have to repeat the details throughout the day. One of them had even bought me a mum plant for my desk. What a nice gesture.

But besides that, the day was not like any other. Put yourself in a busy hectic situation with good health, and then do the same job under the influence of two types of chemo. I did this today. And was accurate to the T in balancing at the end of the day. But was the outcome worth it? I have to remind myself to take the "coffee" break that is awarded you, go for a walk and relax my brain. As they say, you're not as young as you used to be. Non stop work is not healthy even by itself. At the end of the day it just became exhaustion. I have to also do some delegating of household chores to Tim, silly things that I should not need to do.

Got home, had a bowl of cereal and 30 minutes later my chemo pills. By 6:30 p.m. I was in bed. Did get up 3 hrs. later just to take a bath to relax.

I've been told my someone that the next couple of weeks will be the same hectic schedule. I pray for the strength to keep up with it, and the smartness to know what I am able to do in order to stay "healthy".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Make sure you rest when you can. And take those much needed breaks.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

rest and breaks,jane...rest and take the breaks.
miss tina will bring a nice dinner for Wed. night. :)
bj