Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Approved for disabilty

Yesterday p.m. I got a call from social security office. I had applied last Monday and yes, 8 days later I got approved for disability. Tim sill also get checks until he graduates from school. I never thought I would be collecting disability. But I certainly did not take advantage of the system. It helped that my employers worked with me, understood me. Now I can focus on ME and MY FAMILY.

Tomorrow is another chemo day, followed by CT scans,MRI brain on Nov 20th. Moving them up because the cancer is fast moving/agressive. But the fight is not over yet.

My goal is to get Tim into a good college next year. That way I can rest. And we are in the process of that now.

Barry's been wonderful. Drives me everywhere he goes. And to my chemo treatments.
Takes me with him to grocery shop and to do errands. When I ask him if we're doing anything special today, I have to laugh. I'm turning into my mother. And that's an OK person to be!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane - congratulations on getting your disability so quickly. I hope everything goes well with your treatment. Congratulations again! Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

and yes a negative mammogram for me after a spot was seen and more xrays on that spot with radiologit reading and knowing result before i left!!! adios moe and congrats to u!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane,
Glad to hear that the about the disablity. With your work ethnic I am sure it is the best thing for you. And now you can really be good to you.

Love
Crys

Anonymous said...

I guess that quick trip to the SSI was really worth it. The snail mail would have taken days longer!!!

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

j,
congratulations on the opportunity so well deserved for you to focus on you and your family. Long time coming to you and most would have been there long ago. I know you have out worked anyone I know who has faced illness!
Praying your treatment goes well.
hugs,
bj