Saturday, November 15, 2008

A cold and wet day at the football game...

This afternoon Tim and the band accompanied the football team to their playoff game up near Erie. Now that is "cold country". You have to be a true fan to have gone and sat through that. Tim said it was a mixture of heavy rain to the point you couldn't see across the field and then it changed to snow. The members of the band did not wear their usual wool outfit which would have kept them at least warm. I'm one of those parents that ask at what point does the band not need to go. Our team performed a pre-show, the other team didn't even do their 1/2 time show. I have to thank a parent for having an extra hoodie on hand which Tim quickly grabbed. Even though I have not gone to many games this year due to my cancer, I wouldn't have gone otherwise in this such weather. Will be so glad when the marching season is finally over.

As for tomorrow, I'm already expecting a good day. Patti K. has been asked to speak about me during the church service tomorrow. She knows how tearful I am and wanted to see if it was OK to do. I thanked her for doing this, and for being another voice against cancer. Cancer has made me a stronger person. Something good has grown from something bad. Friendships have formed and have gotten stronger. I will be bringing kleenex with me as someone once told me tears are used to get rid of the toxens inside our body. And heaven knows I have lots of those!

No comments: