Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prayers for all who are suffering

I got a long email from a fellow blogger about her husband. I had never met him but noticed him at a recent sr. football game night. I was there just because of that. He was wearing a hat, appeared to be bald with the look of just feeling crappy. He was in a wheelchair, but when it came time to recognize his sr. daughter he proudly got out of that wheelchair and walked next to his wife to kiss his daughter. It must have taken so much energy to do that. But it was his own personal goal. The non malignant tumor had attempted to be taken out twice, but the heart wouldn't take it. The tumor is on the spine I believe. Like all of us newbies we learn a new conversation, new words to use, new life to live. He is in pain 24-7. Here she blogs for me never mentioning her heartache and husband, so I took the time to reach out to her to say "what's up."

And yes, I agree with her: THIS IS SO SHITTY. I HATE THIS.

May you find peace during your sleeping moments. Hard to believe there is no cure for some pain. Am wondering what drug addicts find in it!!!

Please pray.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

There is so much illness and at the same time so much courage surrounding us and our friends every day. My heart goes out to all of the families who are suffering.
I came across this this morning in my Bible.
Psalm 73:24-26 "You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever."

May God be with each and every one of you today.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Jane:
Sending prayers your way today for god to ease your pain. Hang in there lady!
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

I figure if your dad can post a comment then I should be able to also, he is just slightly older than I am! I hope today is a good one for you--I know those days are precious when you get one. Sleep well if you can.

pk

Anonymous said...

I agree with you jane. really crappy. we keep all of you in our prayers. I was so moved to see you and Barry and him and his wife and daughter standing up there. Hard not to just sit there and cry, but also hard not to cheer for all of you and your tremendous strength. Kids should not have to suffer this. love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane,

You are being used - by God - as an instrument of ministry in our community. I am so glad the family of the man you mentioned are aware of your blog. You will be an encourager to them in your honesty, bravery and creativity in the way you face this illness. Know your words matter - they make a huge difference. Peace, LNH

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Jane. Senior night was so special for so many reasons. Had his surgery went as planned he would have never made senior night...would have been, most likely, still in hospital.I tried to stay focused for him and Katie and didn't look around much as I was sure it was upsetting to some people. I'm with you Becky, I wanted to cheer just to be there!! This wonderful community we live in so warmly wraps its arms around those in need. We have felt love and support and the power of prayer as we begin this journey. Thanks again Jane...for sharing your blog with me today. much love, linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Hoping your family feels better now.

Life can change in an instant. One minute you are on a path and think you see what's just around the bend - but instead you come to a major detour. It is not something you planned, and can be a very difficult road to follow, but the sights and people you meet along the way give you new perspective and an appreciation for each day God gives us.

I am truly sorry for your friend's husband. Chronic pain is something nobody can understand unless they have experienced it. I will pray that our Lord will heal him - He can do miraculous things. How positive of his wife to see the bright side of each twist and turn - I'm thankful they were there for their daughter's special night. Sounds like it was an emotional night for both of your families.

May God give you both grace, strength and provide unforseen blessings to you both today.

JK