Monday, November 24, 2008

Appt. with radiation oncologist tomorrow.

I have an appointment with Dr. Mintz tomorrow at Presbyterian Hospital at noon. This will be consultation about what we should do next about my brain cancer. I have met him before when had cyberknife of the brain a few months ago. I'm glad they are wasting no time. My scheduled chemo day is Wednesday due to Thanksgiving being on Thursday.

We brought Maureen to the airport this a.m. and left her at the door. We didn't go in. Once up at the gates, she called to say there was no line at security. I took an ativan before I left for airport and for some reason I was so sleepy on both ways. Not sure what that was all about. Very uncomfortable. Barry went for flu shot and was not able to get one due to his doctor no in the office. Will go back tomorrow. As soon as I got home I got into my jammies and slept basically all day, getting up to go to the bathroom. Guess Maureen just pooped me out! She also has called to ask me if I had found her notes she hid for me. Yes, I found one on the pillow (which I slept on, never noticed) and that's the only one. 2 to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I pray that your appt goes well today and that they can schedule treatment soon. I'm glad you had a great time with your sister. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you this time around Maureen but thanks for being here. I'm glad to hear that you got to go to church and see how Jane is surrounded by so many people that love her and care about her.

Everyone, Thank God this Thanksgiving for all His blessings!

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane, Barry & Tim:
From Everyone In CT We Wish You All A Very Happy And Relaxing Thanksgiving Day. I Am Cooking At Mom's For The Three Of Us Then Going To My Aunt Vi's 2 Doors Down For Dessert With The Lewis Side Of The Family (About 40 People) Remember There Were 5 Children They Each Had 3 Children And Now There Children Have Children. Renee Is Still Recovering From Her Operation 2 Weeks Ago, So We Will Not Be Seeing The Bernier/Kaminske Side This Holiday.
Take Care You Three!
Love Always,
Uncle Howard, Aunt Betty, Deb & Howie
XO XO XO XO

Anonymous said...

Jane....I hope all goes well today at the hospital. Say Hi to the dr's that do the cyber knife when you go see them. I met them both when I went with you and Barry that bad day. We are getting heavy rain today, good thing it isn't snow. LOL I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love you all very much. Happy Turkey Day to everyone in Pa. Love you all too. (Becky, Pretty Patty, Lisa P., JK and anyone else I missed)
Eileen