Friday, November 07, 2008

We went and saw Harvey at High School tonight.

For the past week Tim's been mentioning the school play Harvey. Inviting me to go with his girl friend. I wasn't sure how I would be feeling, and didn't know right up until he was going. The kids put on such a professional production each year. It's perhaps because of the kids/friends he has that are in the show that I wanted to see them in their last school play. Come next fall it's time for college. In the spring they have a musical. This year it will be The Music Man. And with him being in the band that should be fun and I do think Tim will probably try out for that show. He had too much on his plate this time of the year.
And it was nice to be in the same category as a girl friend. As we joked in the car, he said that I was his best friend. Priceless.

I went to Cancer Center for my shot this a.m. As I've said I require 4 daily shots following chemo. And on Fridays they check my white blood cells along with other stuff.

And I got to see a friend there, Anne L. and her buddy Janie. I met Anne through a mutual friend JK, a breast cancer survivor. And when I was hospitalized in April 08
she came to see me in the hospital face to face, rather than a bloggin' friend. She's dealing with cancer and different treatments just as I am doing. It was so great to see her again. We communicate via email and my blog.

By the way, don't say anything about government being slow. My disability check going backwards is in my account today. Less than 2 weeks of applying, and Tim's getting his check mailed to him. I have to say that I definitely worked for those monies. But I'm not looking back, just forward.

Kudos to production of Harvey. It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, It was great to see a familiar face in the doctor's office yesterday! You look great! Have a great weekend despite this cold. Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great week. Thinking of you.
love ya
becky