Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time goes by too fast

Maureen leaves tomorrow a.m. after helping me with so many odds and ends around the house. And I thank her. I now can walk in my bedroom without tripping over my walker from months ago and piles of clothes that are going to a Goodwill box. And my medicine cabinet is so clean and neat. Doesn't take her that long but with my bad shoulder/chest plate it is a job that I kept postponing.

Today she came to church with me. Sat with Rick and Bev, and I think she met the whole town. I know so many people there. A couple of new friends came up to me to say hi after hearing my story last week in church. Am thinking that God is putting me through all this as a lesson for others. I have to think this way otherwise I'd go crazy. Personally the lung cancer doesn't bother me as much as the cancer in the brain. Only because I know what that can do 'cause I went through it in April. This cancer is fast moving and therefore I have to fight it with positive energy and lots of prayers. But honestly it scares me. I think that's the human in me. But as long as there is a breath in me I will continue to go forward.

While at church today I lined up to volunteer in their office. Even if it's just answering phones or possibly stuffing bulletins for Sunday services, it will get me out of the house for an hour or two. Ronee asked me what was important to me and I said "being with people." They know my limitations and upcoming new adventures with my brain, but will take me as often as I can make it there. Even learned that my neighbor volunteers in the office. It was the "boss", Maureen, who pushed me to find something to do especially during these cold snowy months.

Well, Maureen returns home tomorrow. And I know she realizes all that she did for me, cleaning my house and even taking me to my appointment in Pittsburgh. I took her and Patti out to dinner tonight for her good bye dinner. She was here when I needed someone to cry with and that was such a blessing. But I always remember this: when you are crying you can't see the future!

Maureen and Cape Cod family, I will see you as soon as I'm up to traveling that far.
I promise you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a blog today Jane. I just got done reading my devotional and the verse for today was 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. "Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I am glad you are volunteering. If you ever need a ride over to the church just give me a buzz either at home or on the cell.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane:

God has a purpose for all of us, and as a Christian you are blessed to realize His purpose for you. He deems you very strong to face this adversity. You do not realize how your situation is bringing others closer to their faith. By your glorifying God, perhaps you are saving a soul too. That's COOL.

I'm glad Moe was here and able to help out.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Glad your visit with Moe was a good one and that she could be there to help you out. You are in our prayers and thoughs everyday. I find your words regarding crying very touching and can't seem to get the thought out of my head.
Love Ya's,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane -- thinking about you, Barry & Tim today. You're strength, courage and grace under fire are always an inspiration to me. Love ya' Terri